Did you recently get lash extensions or have an appointment scheduled to get them soon but aren’t sure how to take care of them? Here at Lash Envy Studios, we are pros! We do eyelash extensions in Mesa, AZ, and have gathered our top lash extension aftercare tips into this blog post. Continue reading to learn more and when it’s time for your fill appointment, call Lash Envy Studios today!
Lash Extension Aftercare Tips: What to know!
Lash Extension Aftercare Tips
Lash Extension Aftercare Tips
What to Avoid
When it comes to aftercare, the first tip we have is about what you should avoid when you have eyelash extensions. You should not use mascara, eyelash curlers, or oil-based products on or by your eyes. These all can impact the retention of your extensions.
What to avoid in the first 24 hours:
- Do not get eyelashes wet
- Spray or airbrush tanning
- Exposure to excessive steam
- Exposure to excessive heat
- Contract lenes insertion
- Use of non-recommended skincare products or makeup. To maximize retention of lashes, use only specifically formulated lash extension compatible products. Your stylist will recommend products that are safe to use.
The following activities will weaken the adhesive bond and result in premature extension loss. These are the most common reasons for retention issues:
- Use of waterproof domestics on or near the eyelash extensions, such as waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
- Use of skin care products or makeup with oil in the ingredients.
- Use of mechanical or heated curlers.
- Excessive mascara application.
- Excessive friction. If you sleep on your side or stomach you may want to wear a sleep mask designed for lash extensions and/or use a silk pillowcase.
- Pulling on lashes or excessive rubbing.
- Chemical treatments, such as eyelash tinting, lifts, or perms.
Proper Care & Maintenance
- Cleanse and groom your eyelashes and your eyelids daily to maintain healthy and beautiful lashes and lash follicles with eye makeup remover and a facial cleanser that is compatible with eyelash extensions.
- No oil-based products should be used on or near your eyelash extensions. Brush your lashes daily.
- If a lash has turned, use your lash wand to correct it.
In order to best maintain your eyelash extensions in Mesa conditions, you should clean your lashes at least once a day with a special lash extension cleanser and a soft bristle brush. This will help you to remove any natural oils, dust, or makeup that gets on them, while also preventing any lash shedding.
Another tip for maintaining your lash extensions in Mesa is to avoid sleeping on your face, rubbing or touching your lashes, and extreme heat from things like the oven. With any of these, it can cause the extensions to fall prematurely or seared extensions if they are exposed to extreme heat.
Are you looking to get lash extensions in Mesa, AZ? Lash Envy Studios is here to help! We are a premier salon offering skincare and eyelash extensions in Mesa. Our team of professionals can help you relax and will help you understand how to best take care of your lash extensions. Call Lash Envy Studios today to get started!